There are lots of changes coming to Walt Disney World in the upcoming weeks. With new attractions opening, renovated attractions re-opening, and plenty of new shows, guests are bound to enjoy something new. Take a look at what is coming soon:
- June 21 Frozen Ever After: This ride will be taking the place of Maelstrom, which closed last year, in the World Showcase at EPCOT. Guests will embark on a journey through Arendale on this boat ride attraction, and can meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus, by the entrance of the ride.
- June 17 Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire: This new show at Magic Kingdom will replace Dream Along with Mickey on the castle stage. Characters such as Rapunzel & Flynn, Tiana & Naveen, Mickey & Minnie, and Donald & Daisy will share a story daily at The Magic Kingdom.
- June 17 Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: The newest Star Wars themed fireworks will debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios to go with their trend of many additional Star Wars shows and meet & greets.
- June 17 Soarin' Around the World: After being closed since January, Soarin' will re-open with new tour, having guests soar around the world, rather than just California, as it has been since it's opening.
- May 27 After Dark Kilimanjaro Safaris: Guests will be able to experience the ever popular Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom at night! The night time safari has been in the works for a while, imagineers wondering if it was safe for the animals. It seems like they have worked out a plan to offer a safari at night, only allowing the animals that will not be bothered by this attraction.
- May 27 Rivers of Light: Rivers of Light was set to premier on April 22 (Earth Day) but was pushed back to Memorial Day Weekend. The newest night time water show features animals as "spirit guides" and presents an array of colors and lights for guests in their new ampitheater.
- May 27 The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic: For a limited time, Disney's Animal Kingdom will have a Jungle Book show, featuring scenes from the newest live-action film.